Well, the Oscars are a wrap. I did alright with my predictions. Jason Bourne kicked my butt though. Still sore. I picked the winners for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Supporting Actor, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Adapated Screenplay -- and some others. Not bad, I guess. Here are winners....
Best Director: &
Best Actor: in There Will Be Blood
Best Actress: in La Vie en Rose
Best Supporting Actor: in
Best Supporting Actress: in Michael Clayton
Best Original Screenplay: Juno
Best Adapted Screenplay:
Original Song: "Falling Slowly" -- Once
Best Makeup: La Vie en Rose
Sound Editing: The Bourne Ultimatum
Sound Mixing: The Bourne Ultimatum
Best Visual Effects:
Best Animated Feature Film: Ratatouille
Best Foreign Language Film: --
Best Documentary Feature:
Best Documentary Short: Freeheld
Best Live Action Short: Le Mozart des Pickpockets (The Mozart of Pickpockets)
Best Animated Short: Peter and the Wolf
- I don't really feel like anyone was slighted. Best Supp. Actress was the most wide open.
- He was great! I really enjoyed him, even better than before. Easy on the sarcasm but he did what he does and he did it well.
- He kind of disappeared for the last hour, but I guess they usually do that towards the end when everyone wants to wrap it up already and get to the parties.
- I loved him playing video games with that lil girl. Funny.
- Just two that I can think of: and The Bourne Ultimatum wins.
- Besides the orchestra cutting speeches short....Not really.
- That Jerry Sienfeld bee thing was stupid.
- I thought , Julie Christie, Laura Linney, and had the best looks of the night among the ladies. But other than those three....sheesh, none of the women really know how to get dressed up I guess. On the guy's side, , and both looked great, and so did .
- Who didn't? Um, (although I like her) didn't look too flattering....I think it was the dress. All the other dresses didn't do anything for me.
- Best couple AND Best Moment award goes to: Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova winning for the song 'Falling Slowly' from the movie "Once".
- I think I saw a ring on Marketa Irglova's left hand. Yay!
- being a gentleman and bringing back Marketa Irglova to make her great acceptance speech. Yay!
- Brad Bird winning for "Ratatouille"! I love Mr. Bird.
- "Atonement" and "Juno" only winning one award each.
- Scorcese's eyebrows always make me feel better about my own.
- Seeing Diablo Cody next to was funny. Surreal.